Bomb threat

Several officers remained on scene at West Kagy Boulevard after a building was cleared following a bomb threat earlier this month.

Let the news come to you

Get any of our free daily email newsletters — news headlines, opinion, e-edition, obituaries and more.

Support Local Journalism

If you value these stories, please consider subscribing.

Two major Bozeman intersections were shut down Friday evening for about four hours after a local media outlet received anonymously emailed bomb threats.

Around 5:30 p.m., a note from an unknown email address threatened to detonate a bomb at a local business at the 400 block of East Main Street and at another location at the 100 block of West Kagy Boulevard, said Anthony Hutchings, patrol lieutenant with the Bozeman Police Department.

Officers worked with the Gallatin County Sheriff's Office and Montana State University Police Department to lock down the surrounding blocks of both areas, Hutchings said. A bomb dog was brought in from the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport to search both locations.


Let the news come to you

Get any of our free daily email newsletters — news headlines, opinion, e-edition, obituaries and more.

(0 Ratings)

Support quality local journalism. Become a subscriber.

Subscribers get full, survey-free access to the Bozeman Daily Chronicle's award-winning coverage both on our website and in our e-edition, a digital replica of the print edition.