Support Local Journalism


Subscribe


A man was burned when a fire ignited inside a garage on Lee Way where he was working Sunday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to an apartment off of Baxter Lane at 3:48 p.m. Sunday. A contractor there had been spraying varnish on trim work inside the garage when a fire ignited, possibly due to static electricity, Bozeman Fire Department Battalion Chief Keith Johnson said.

Flames were coming out of the garage when firefighters arrived, and smoke filled the garage, Johnson said. The fire was quickly extinguished.

The contractor was burned but refused medical transport, Johnson said, adding that the man drove himself to the hospital.

The adjoining residence was also damaged by smoke and fire, Johnson said. The damage to the building was extensive, he said.

Ten firefighters from Bozeman Fire Department and AMR responded to the fire.

Support Local Journalism

To see what else is happening in Gallatin County subscribe to the online paper.

Locations

Support quality local journalism. Become a subscriber.

Subscribers get full, survey-free access to the Bozeman Daily Chronicle's award-winning coverage both on our website and in our e-edition, a digital replica of the print edition.