HELENA, Mont. (AP) — Health officials say a teenager in Montana has died of a lung disease associated with a national outbreak of vaping-related illnesses.

The Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services said Tuesday it was the state's first recorded death connected to e-cigarette use.

Officials declined to release any further details about the teen, citing confidentiality.

Officials said they have identified two other people in the state with vaping-associated lung illnesses.

U.S. health officials have reported about 1,300 vaping-related illnesses and at least 26 deaths nationwide.

A temporary ban on flavored vaping products goes into effect Oct. 22 in Montana.

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.