Bozeman High School's Model United Nations Club recently participated in the 48th annual Montana Model United Nations Conference, and several students won awards.
More than 350 students attended the conference, held at the University of Montana from Nov. 25 to 26, from 17 Montana and Idaho high schools.
At Model UN conferences, students participate in simulations of United Nations sessions, debating, negotiating, caucusing, drafting and voting on resolutions that address world problems. Bozeman High students represented China, Armenia, South Sudan, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Belgium, Malawi, and Uzbekistan.
Social studies teacher Erica Schnee reported that the following Bozeman High students won awards:
- Honorable Position Paper — Maren Strand representing Zimbabwe.
- Distinguished Position Paper — Claire Titus-Ieronimo representing China; Kelly Hockett, Zimbabwe; Derek Heatherington, South Sudan; and Mila Loneman, Malawi.
- Outstanding Position Paper — Sunny Heo representing China.
- Honorable Delegate: Claire Titus-Ieronimo, China and Rozlyn Kutsch representing Armenia.
- Top 20 Seniors: Claire Titus-Ieronimo representing China and Kelly Hockett representing Zimbabwe.