Latest Local News
Citing a lack of alternatives and a pressing need to fill in gaps in Bozeman’s street network, city commissioners voted 4-0 Monday to create a new tax district to fund upgrades to roads and intersections by levying additional charges to property owners.
The Bozeman homeowner who demolished his historic home without an appropriate permit as he began a renovation project in April now faces criminal charges, continuing a case that has raised questions about the city’s ability to enforce its historic preservation regulations.
A fire between Bozeman and Livingston didn’t grow much on Monday, giving crews a chance to establish some containment line around the perimeter.
A North Dakota doctor reported missing in Gallatin County in July has still not been found, and the Gallatin County Sheriff's Office is asking the public to keep an eye out for any sign of the man.
More Top Stories
- Man pleads not guilty to cutting trees from Montana refuge
- Labor report: Worker shortage begins as baby boomers retire
- Appeals court upholds Jesus statue on Montana mountain
- Butte man pleads guilty to role in infant's death
- Deputy attorney general withdraws from closed primary case
- Proposed grizzly bear protection settlement heads to judge
- Black Lives Matter movement experiencing growing pains
- Obama paints doomsday scene of global warming in Alaska
- Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marriage case
- In Alaska, Obama depicts stark future without climate action
- Los Angeles poised to vote on 2024 Olympic plan
- Harvard launches 'virtual classroom' for students anywhere